Monday 14 November 2011

Unconditional Love




I went home last week. Urm, my parents' house actually, but that should be the cosiest place to be apart from my own home. So, I haven't gone home for a long time. I miss it so.. Boy, am I glad to be a child to someone instead of being a parent all the time. It was soooo nice being taken care of for a while. I know I should be taking care of my parents instead, but I guess old habit dies hard. I would have to compete with mom if I want to do chores around the house, believe me! She is so fast and efficient, I would be running out of breath trying to just keep up!

Anyway, going home has always been therapeutic. For those reasons above, of course. And I realize something I never did before. I know we kids always did something that our parents doesn't like, and sometimes hurt them. I am a rebellious kid, for one. Always did what others didn't do, whenever I think it is the right thing to do. But I never actually see the impact. Last week, I said something, and I saw mom walk away, looking down, with a sad face. Astagfirullah! Did I just hurt her? I mean, my visiting her should be a happy time.. but unintentionally I hurt her feelings. I feel so bad. Now that I'm a mother, I know that no one will console your heart, only Allah. I vow to never hurt her again. It just heartbreaking looking at her like that. I wish I can take it back. I'm sorry, mom. I love you, I truly do. I must have hurt mom a gazillion times all these years. But never once did she complaints, just patiently guiding me throughout my growing up years.. 

Only a mother can love unconditionally (a father too!) AND be patient with whatever whims we come out with.   What about your mother? Did you ever hurt her? When did you last call her? Did you miss her?

No comments:

Post a Comment