Thursday 10 November 2011

Sweet life


Pinned Image
credit:http://gypsypurplehome.tumblr.com


Ahh.. Life's sweet perks. Do you have any idea how nice it is to type on a smooth keyboard after that typewrite-like ancient keyboard? My fingers are practically purring on these baby. Alhamdulillah. There are so many things to be thankful about in this life. And moments like this makes yesterday's tears bearable.

Life is full of hardship, and no matter who we are, we are always faced with decision, choices, pain, bitterness, hurt... In those moments, sometimes we cry or vent. We are only human, after all. And then, it is really our choice to continue to be enveloped in those sad feelings or to go on. Truly, do we gain any benefit from doing so? We will face it every day. It's not going to go away. But we can choose wha our feelings will be. To smile or to drown in sadness.

There was a time when my family was in a real bad condition. My sister was down with terrible illness, and we will be up all night taking care of her. Our house was in shambles, my mom was shedding tears every night (not that she lets me see). Every morning I had to haul myself o work, leaving mom and dad taking care of sis. During the day sister normally will sleep with exhaustion so everyone can rest too. But I've got to go to work. And I choose to smile all day even it kills me. You know what? Even though I was thinking about it, Alhamdulillah smiling makes it bearable. Laughing with friends puts sadness at bay. Talking about nonsense keeps me sane. Prayers give calms me the most. It's the little things that makes life okay. That I know you-are-there, you-miserable-thing, but-hey-I-can-do-this!

That was ages ago. I guess I'm merely reminding myself to that thoughts now that I am in calm wheather in between storm. It's easy to give in to anger and hate, but truly, negative emotions just seeps our energy and crush our motivation. I don't know about you, but someone once told me, the funniest guy in the room probably has the biggest problem among all. But no one knows except him. I may not be the funniest guy, but perhaps taking things easily helps. Not easily as in not seriously! You know what I mean!


Pinned Image
credit : google.au
Now I just want to enjoy the lovely morning and this contentment within my heart. Keep it there when the next storm blew in, if possible. And go kiss my daughter and smell her morning hair, all sticking out. And melt when she smiles, knowing that mummy's there. I already got my share of hugs from dear hubby! His perfume just makes me fall in love all over again. What a lovely morning. And most importantly say a prayer of thanks to Allah for all the sweetness of life. Gratefulness will endow more rewards, insha Allah. Alhamdulillah. May Allah bless us all.
How do you face your sad moments? Are you thankful of what you have now? Lets count our blessing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment