Thursday 5 January 2012

Happy New Year! (resolution??)



Happy new year. Not too late yet, eh? So, as commonly as ever, when the new year comes, along with it the new year resolutions. What's yours? Lose weight? Be kinder? Save more money? Get a boyfriend? Get married?

I make none.

Frankly, I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions. They just sound so grand and hold such great responsibilities and makes you feel oh, it's so overwhelming.. at least for me it is. And keeping track is just troublesome.. And to wait another year to make a new resolution is too far away lol.. You see, I'm the kind of person who forget things. Alright, I'm forgetful. There, I said it.

So, I most probably won't remember any resolution by end of the first month. So that leaves me about a month to fulfill all my resolutions! Lol. Let's not kill myself with resolutions then!

I just think it's good to reflect on ourselves everyday.. not just to find what we need to improve but also giving that much needed pat on our shoulder for that small achivement we made that day. Nothing is too small to celebrate! Give ourselves a break and smile! That small feat might have taken us the most effort we have. And at least to smile at ourselves, feeling thankful that we actually can do it!  Forgive ourselves and others, too! Hey, we might do that thing we never meant to do, or make mistakes so hugh, it's killing us inside.. But we need to forgive ourselves, and let go..



I always put myself as a learner, or perhaps a student? I learn new things everyday. Even now. How to cook, how to make my kid laugh and yet learn, how to lose my temper less, how to keep calm and happy in times of turmoil..

So I guess I kind of do it everyday. The resolutions, I mean. Small ones, big ones. Cook, sew, love, teach, forgive.. Kinda hard, but easier to remember! Lol. That's just me. I've never been mainstream.. I just like to be different. But that is for another post.

So, what's your new year resolutions? 




image sources:
http://crafts.kaboose.com
http://ellehcim88.tumblr.com
http://www.dealiciousmom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment