Sunday 23 October 2011

Love Is In the Air

When you are a mother, you become a better daughter.

In a lot of ways, that s true. Every beautiful moment spent with precious daughter gives a glimps of what beautiful feeling mom probably had with me. However possessive I be, however protective, the surge of affection, extreme worries, unlimited love, ability to forgive! Subhanallah.. And I thought mom doesn't know me as well as my friends did back in high school. That only my bestfriends know me best. How silly! Mom probably doesn't know about all my teenage crush or friends' troubles, but she knows my cloudy days. I think, even though mom never says it, but she knows best. And that makes me want to bawls over T__T
I love mom so much.

And today I got another lesson... A wife can know only so much about her husband, but a mother! Give a mother a few hours with her kid and she knows either he's happy or troubled... And again the level of patience! Everyday is a a new lesson.  And I am nothing if not a learner. I learn everyday and will always be learning, Insha Allah.

A mother's love is very powerful, it's a different kind of love altogether from love towards one's another half. You give and don't expect to receive back. In fact, sometimes you expect to receive the perfect opposite and accept it calmly so as to allow the child to learn her lesson. It's very bizarre for a first time mummy. But full of contentment. Shouting, yes, that too. But the kiss and hugs from my pumpkin pie is heartmelting. Let's not break the mood talk about adolescent yet, shall we. Let enjoy toddlerhood first. Just beautiful.

Love your mom. I love mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment